Crushed stone is a versatile product that has many uses. It can be a base material for pavers as well as used for decorating landscapes. Crushed stone comes in a variety of different grades. These grades are determined based on the size of the stone after crushing. Each grade has a unique application.
When you need crushed stone, it’s handy to know what the different grades mean. The information below provides a general overview to help you choose the right material for your project.
Crushed Stone Grade 1-10
Generally, as the grade number goes up, the size of the stone goes down.
- #1 – The # 1 crushed stone grade is the largest of the crushed stone grades and includes stone between 2-4 inches long. This material is great for larger jobs or for filling in larger holes.
- #3 – This size of the stone ranges from 1/2 to 2 inches long. This material is a great choice for railroad projects and those that require drainage.
- #5 – Crushed stone #5 is 1 inch or smaller in size. This material is perfect for road and paver base.
- #8 – These stones are between 3/8 and 1/2 inch long. It is the most common stone used for concrete mixes.
- #10 – Crushed stone #10 is known as screenings or dust. Most use this material to create pavers and concrete blocks.
Specialty Crushed Stone
- #57 – This category refers to a stone that is about 3/4 inch long. Most typically use it for concrete mix, landscaping, and drainage.
- #67 – Crushed stone #67 includes stone that is 3/4 inch or smaller in size. #67 is a great material for road and slab base as well as fill.
If you are interested in a specific type of crushed stone in Baltimore, contact ReAgg at (301) 336-6700 today for help with any questions or to place an order. We deliver in Maryland, Northern Virginia, and Washington D.C. Contact us to get a quote.